Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Quilled Rose Tutoriial

Browsing on Facebook, I saw a question from Nandini on a Quilling group that what size quilling strip is suitable for making a quilled rose. My response to this was it really depends on what size you want for your finished rose. And then I remembered that I had pictures of roses that I had made with 3 mm strips and also one that I had made with a 2 inch or in other words close to 50 mm wide strip. So I uploaded them promptly on the group and that started a string of comments with a request for a video on making roses with 3 mm strip.

So here is a tutorial for making quilled roses with 3 mm strips. It is practically my first video tutorial. So thanks to Pratima for this request which helped me break the video making inhibition.

Here are the rose pictures that I took 2 years ago with the 3 mm and 50 mm strips. Notice the rose size difference between the 2 different sized strips. The red rose with 50 mm size strip is the size of my hand. The size difference is clearly visible in the 4th picture.

 





And here is the link to the video tutorial for making the rose with 3 mm strip. I tried compressing the video but it is still too large for me to be upload it here directly. So follow the YouTube link below to see the video.


Here is the rose size comparison that I showed in the video.





You can view a finished card with 3 mm roses in one of my old Valentine cards post here.

If you find my work inspiring and create something similar, please quote my work and blog in your post. I would also appreciate if you leave a comment. All artists do need a pat on the back! Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate and value each one of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...